The LoopTools Site
LoopTools is a package for evaluation of scalar and tensor one-loop
integrals based on the
FF package by G.J. van Oldenborgh. It features an easy Fortran, C++,
and Mathematica interface to the scalar one-loop functions of FF and in
addition provides the 2-, 3-, and 4-point tensor coefficient
LoopTools has been published in Comput. Phys. Commun. 118 (1999) 153
FF has been published in Z. Phys. C46 (1990) 425
version from KEK].
The new automatic installation script gets you started quickly and
- Download the shell script FeynInstall [6 kB, MD5: 739c240618ea3bf8ac5d523c71ff71db].
(Use the right mouse button and "Save Link to Disk...")
- Make it executable with chmod 755 FeynInstall.
- Run it in the directory in which you want the packages installed:
- The script separately prompts you for the installation of
FeynArts, FormCalc, and LoopTools.
- Finally, it asks whether to include FeynArts and FormCalc in
The following files can be downloaded:
LoopTools-2.8.tar.gz [547 kB, MD5: 31e493f080a13727718058f7ec56df2c] (current version 2.8)
(Last update: 5 Nov 13)
- Fixed the MathLink compile for MacOS 10.9.
- Fixed sign error in auxCD.F, affects IR-dimreg D0
(thanks to Christian Hangst for finding this bug).
- LoopTools-2.7.tar.gz [524 kB, MD5: 8e02536a0440b22b9b97ddd89c6129d3] (old version 2.7)
(Last update: 6 Jul 11)
- LoopTools-2.6.tar.gz [521 kB, MD5: 957aba5a9353baed20ca3ffe5e4f7a76] (old version 2.6)
(Last update: 21 Jun 11)
- LoopTools-2.5.tar.gz [377 kB, MD5: ea0212494ee6378052aa8396b8202caa] (old version 2.5)
(Last update: 12 Aug 10)
- LoopTools-2.4.tar.gz [362 kB, MD5: f82b1466d4836c66277544726f20a9fe] (old version 2.4)
(Last update: 24 Dec 09)
- LoopTools-2.3.tar.gz [334 kB, MD5: 9e66181169c7a2875fc250fee4bf4787] (old version 2.3)
(Last update: 13 Jan 09)
- LoopTools-2.2.tar.gz [331 kB, MD5: b0abdf74e0ed3cc7db845888ad114c06] (old version 2.2)
(Last update: 27 Feb 07)
- LoopTools-2.1.tar.gz [298 kB, MD5: 7fce10fe0d27d8baa33710b0efecf6d3] (old version 2.1)
(Last update: 7 Dec 04)
- LoopTools-2.0.tar.gz [237 kB, MD5: 53b071854dc3e274c1c50298785a9a38] (old version 2.0)
(Last update: 30 Oct 01)
- LoopTools-1.2.tar.gz [525 kB, MD5: a0491a412533b7ce11d47f23800d4d4a] (old version 1.2)
(Last update: 19 Jul 99)
- ABTools.tar.gz [4 kB, MD5: 4731d63699d871845c70b108aa175f28]
ABTools is a "light" version of LoopTools. It contains just the
one- and two-point functions and consists of only the Fortran library
(no C++ or Mathematica part). The code is pure and lightweight Fortran
and very easy to build.
(Last update: 7 Sep 01.)
To compile the libraries you need f77 and gcc.
From Mathematica 7 on you must also have g++ (and libstdc++) installed for the
Installation notes for the impatient:
- unpack the archive LoopTools-m.n.tar.gz in some
- run ./configure,
- run make,
- run make install.
gfortran users: Add -ff2c to your command line (or else
edit LoopTools' makefile after configure and remove the -ff2c).
This flag is needed for compatibility with other Fortran compilers.
Ubuntu users: Do not (= DO NOT) install fort77.
Attention g77 users: Do not compile LoopTools with optimization.
If you must turn on optimization for performance reasons, be sure to test
the results against the ones calculated with the unoptimized version.
More detailed instructions are given in the manual which is contained
in PostScript form in the LoopTools distribution. You can also
obtain the manual here.
Ready-made MathLink executables
(Version 2.8, statically linked as far as possible):
Linux x86 (32-bit):
Mac OS X (32-bit Intel):
Windows (Cygwin 32-bit):
Thanks for looking in.
Please send bug reports, suggestions, fan mail, etc. to
This site and the programs offered here are not commercial.
LoopTools is and will stay an open-source package and free of charge.
If you want to use LoopTools in a commercial application, make sure
you understand the
GNU Lesser General Public License under which LoopTools is
distributed. LoopTools is being developed at the
Physics in Munich.
Last update: 19 Nov 13