The LoopTools Visitor Center
LoopTools is a package for evaluation of scalar and tensor one-loop
integrals based on the
FF package by G.J. van Oldenborgh. It features an easy Fortran, C++,
and Mathematica interface to the scalar one-loop functions of FF and in
addition provides the 2-, 3-, and 4-point tensor coefficient
LoopTools has been published in
Comput. Phys. Commun. 118 (1999) 153
FF has been published in
Z. Phys. C46 (1990) 425
[scanned version from KEK].
The installation script gets you started quickly and easily.
- Download the shell script FeynInstall [6 kB, MD5: 9acf4b6157dd8c7f39ca06b25fa03c95].
(Use the right mouse button and "Save Link to Disk...")
- Make it executable with "chmod 755 FeynInstall".
- Run it in the directory in which you want the packages installed:
- The script separately prompts you for the installation of
FeynArts, FormCalc, and LoopTools.
- Finally, it asks whether to include FeynArts and FormCalc in
The following files can be downloaded:
- LoopTools-2.15.tar.gz [540 kB, MD5: 6aedb3ac4dc97eb57311332741bffbd6] of 25 May 2018
- LoopTools-2.14.tar.gz [547 kB, MD5: a798fd9628734d95a15f4531b204ee4f] of 28 Feb 2018
- LoopTools-2.13.tar.gz [549 kB, MD5: 85966fd547924ba276c0a01edfb1396a] of 28 Sep 2016
- LoopTools-2.12.tar.gz [545 kB, MD5: 0da35193f48cb06dbd6ecb234b121c27] of 8 May 2015
- LoopTools-2.11.tar.gz [546 kB, MD5: 1948e8f4bd3f00f96fe0b4bdbd81367d] of 8 Aug 2014
- LoopTools-2.10.tar.gz [551 kB, MD5: cf780c2cfa3b6c2976cacb044b28d358] of 14 Jul 2014
- LoopTools-2.9.tar.gz [548 kB, MD5: 5a61fd615c16ee67a910b271b6c02af0] of 24 Feb 2014
- LoopTools-2.8.tar.gz [547 kB, MD5: 31e493f080a13727718058f7ec56df2c] of 5 Nov 2011
- LoopTools-2.7.tar.gz [524 kB, MD5: 8e02536a0440b22b9b97ddd89c6129d3] of 6 Jul 2011
- LoopTools-2.6.tar.gz [521 kB, MD5: 957aba5a9353baed20ca3ffe5e4f7a76] of 21 Jun 2011
- LoopTools-2.5.tar.gz [377 kB, MD5: ea0212494ee6378052aa8396b8202caa] of 12 Aug 2010
- LoopTools-2.4.tar.gz [362 kB, MD5: f82b1466d4836c66277544726f20a9fe] of 24 Dec 2009
- LoopTools-2.3.tar.gz [334 kB, MD5: 9e66181169c7a2875fc250fee4bf4787] of 13 Jan 2009
- LoopTools-2.2.tar.gz [331 kB, MD5: b0abdf74e0ed3cc7db845888ad114c06] of 27 Feb 2007
- LoopTools-2.1.tar.gz [298 kB, MD5: 7fce10fe0d27d8baa33710b0efecf6d3] of 7 Dec 2004
- LoopTools-2.0.tar.gz [237 kB, MD5: 53b071854dc3e274c1c50298785a9a38] of 30 Oct 2001
- LoopTools-1.2.tar.gz [525 kB, MD5: a0491a412533b7ce11d47f23800d4d4a] of 19 Jul 1999
- ABTools.tar.gz [4 kB, MD5: 4731d63699d871845c70b108aa175f28] of 1 Jul 2004
ABTools is a "light" version of LoopTools. It contains just the
one- and two-point functions and consists of only the Fortran library
(no C++ or Mathematica part). The code is pure Fortran and very
easy to build.
To compile the libraries you need f77 and gcc.
From Mathematica 7 on you must also have g++ (and libstdc++) installed
for the MathLink compile.
Installation notes for the impatient:
- unpack the LoopTools-m.n.tar.gz archive,
- change into the LoopTools-m.n directory,
- run "./configure",
- run "make",
- run "make install".
More detailed instructions are given in the manual contained in the
You can obtain the manual of the current
Ready-made MathLink executables
(Version 2.15, statically linked as far as possible):
Linux (64-bit x86):
Mac OS X (64-bit x86):
Cygwin/Windows (64-bit x86):
Instructions: download and gunzip the executable, then make it
executable with "chmod 755 file".
Thanks for looking in.
Please send bug reports, suggestions, fan mail, etc. to
This site and the programs offered here are not commercial.
LoopTools is and will stay an open-source package and free of charge.
If you want to use LoopTools in a commercial application, make sure
you understand the
GNU Lesser General Public License under which LoopTools is
distributed. LoopTools is being developed at the
Max Planck Institute for
Physics in Munich.
Data protection statement and Imprint
Last update: 25 May 18